Monday, April 24, 2017

Dining Room Project


The past few summers, I've had a home project or two to accomplish and this year is no different! We are nearing the end of our school year and our dining room table is showing a lot of wear so I've made a list of things I hope to accomplish in this room.

For today, I'm sharing my list of what I'd like to do and my before photos!



* take flags down
* take bird counting cards down and relocate to girls room
* relocate mailboxes
* relocate chalkboard
* replace curtains?
* paint wall behind chalkboard
* take shelf and knick knacks down
* paint table legs and chairs black
* refinish and stain table top
* chair cushions?
* seal table and chairs with polyurethane top coat
* hang decor on newly painted wall



I've already marked a few things off my list and will have fun showing you the progress as it moves along!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

This sounds like a great project. I also need to refinish my table, paint my chairs, and replace the fabric on the chairs. Making a list and doing before/after photos is a good idea for motivation. These are the types of things I completely forget about as I go through the daily tasks of life, and I'm sure I'm not alone!

Wendi said...

I refinished my table last year. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Looking forward to seeing your finished proect.

Mom said...

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the transformation and am glad you're having fun with this! :)

Shelby said...

I'm looking forward to this transformation:) I love your ideas and thriftiness, recently we have been living on a shoestring budget with my husband not working. I love how you are still able to complete these task on a budget:)

Mary Ann said...

I look forward to seeing what you do with the room and the furniture! I like how you do everything so thriftily! I have a bunch of furniture I want to repaint/refinish including our dining table and chairs. So I'm excited to see how yours turn out!