Thursday, June 09, 2016

Message Courage


When I think about the fact that I've written a book, it feels completely normal to me. But sometimes I think more about it and feel completely inadequate and not nearly qualified enough to have my name on the cover of anything.

God has worked on my heart in this though and I don't want to forget the truths He has impressed. I'm also hopeful that perhaps one of you has a message on your heart and wonders about these things too and this might be an encouragement to you as well.

It is easy to consider how once the book is out there, I am open to criticism and unmet expectations. I'm at peace with reminding myself of the fact that this is not my message for my name to become known. This is a message God has given me a desire to study and share and I pray that it will be for His glory.

I pray that this book will make it into the hands of those He knows need to read it, that families would be able to make conscious decisions to slow down and enjoy the simple and beautiful moments of life together.

Remembering this from Jenn Sprinkle, "...choose obedience over outcome."


Here are some verses that have been an encouragement to me in the carrying on of sharing this message on my heart:

2 Corinthians 4:-10, "For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed, perplexed, but not in despair, persecuted, but not abandoned, struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body."

Acts 13:15b, "Brothers, if you have a message of encouragement for the people, please speak."

Acts 15:30-31, "The men were sent off and went down to Antioch, where they gathered the church together and delivered the letter. The people read it and were glad for its encouraging message."


Colossians 4:2-6, "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."


Many of you have sweetly asked about the progress of my book. It has been challenging to be caught in delay after delay - even though I know God's timing is perfect, my human side is struggling with frustration. If it comes to mind, please pray for a smooth finish and completion to this book. I hope to have news of it being finished soon to share with you!


Tomorrow, I am going to share what to expect from my book!


Photos: Creek-side picnic!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I admire your courage in writing this book and join you in praying that it will be finished soon and reach those for whom it will be a great blessing. :)