Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Catching Up

Where to begin? After our Slow Week two weeks ago, I was sick and it knocked me out for three days. You know how this goes right? Then I was overwhelmed with how behind I felt in so many ways. So, we hunkered down for a few days at home, skipped Slow Day and I took a week off from my morning routine and things are finally back to running smoothly again which means I am doing laundry regularly and cooking dinner again. Goodness, it is amazing {and scary!} how quickly things can pile up when Mama is sick.

I am so thankful to be on this side of that survival mode and to have had a lovely slow weekend at home. We are all aflutter with nearing the end of school, anticipating the girls ballet recital and making a Colorado trek soon.

Lately it seems I have more pictures to share than words - in some ways I feel like I'm not sure what to write about anymore. And, there is this: leading a quiet life is beautiful. I have lots more on my Bible studies of slow to share soon.

For today - photos of a Slow Saturday morning breakfast, slowing to remember a sweet little friend, snuggles, dreaming of eggs to fill this nest and enjoying raindrops on roses!