Saturday, December 01, 2012

December Photo Project!

December Photo Project 2012

 It is time again for Rebecca's December Photo Project - hooray! I look forward to this every year! Feel free to pop over to her blog and sign up to join in the fun too! A couple of times Rebecca has suggested choosing a theme or challenge for our photos and I've never felt brave enough to do it - but this year it feels like it might be fun though we'll see if I can really pull it off.

I know you've all probably heard more than you wanted to about quiet and slowing down here. Yet, this continues to be a big need in my life and a consistent thought in my mind and heart. So, I'm going to attempt to take photos that capture some kind of quiet each day between now and Christmas. 

I am one of those people who find quiet refreshing and necessary for survival. I don't thrive on noise and chaos thought that seems to be what frequently fills my home! This month - I will be searching for the quiet moments.

In the Good Morning Girls Advent Study, I really appreciate a verse I read this week and it mentions quiet so I will include this here:

Zephaniah 3:17, "The Lord your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy."

While "shouts of joy" are hardly quiet, this verse met me where I needed it this week. God is with me, He is present in the midst of the crazy and chaotic, He is victorious. His love is at the heart of why we are celebrating this season of His Son coming to earth - and the fact that He quiets us with His love is significant to me in a number of ways.

Quiet.

I want to do a word study and see where else that appears in the Bible! Maybe those will trickle in with my photos over these next days.

If I can capture a quiet moment today, I'll be back with my photo later!   

1 comment:

Mom said...

Lovely post! I appreciate that verse from Zephaniah -- including both quiet and shouts of joy! :) It is quiet here this morning as I go about preparing for your arrival in a few days -- looking forward to seeing you soon! Love, Mom