Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, Emily


Emily celebrated her 8th birthday earlier this month! I'll be sharing her party tomorrow - but here are some other pictures of her special day. She requested Lucky Charms for breakfast! And, designed this artwork on the iPad including the number eight - she is VERY EXCITED to be eight!


She put on a cute new top and wanted to dress like me {how sweet!} so paired a cardigan with it and then went and picked out my attire for the day! My Mom sent a great American Girl felt pencil topper craft kit and both girls spent quite a bit of time sewing!



Plans for our party began and brownies were made with love:





And phone calls from loved ones were a special highlight too:


Then she had to try out her new roller skates - what a HIT these were! She has already spent tons of time skating around in them and says they are super comfy :)



We also went thrifting, had chili and watched Flywheel - what a fun day! Prairie Party recap coming tomorrow!

8 comments:

Leanne said...

happy birthday, Emily! my kids are the same ages as yours...and I think I've been reading your blog since Rachel was a baby! I love watching them grow up!!

Christy Stanton said...

Happy Birthday Emily!

Mom said...

So glad to see these photos of Emily's birthday! :) Thanks for sharing -- love, Mom/Grammie

Wendi said...

I have been reading about your adventures since you were a baby. It has been a pleasure to watch you grow up! Happy Birthday, Miss Emily!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a Happy 8th Birthday, Emily. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you. Looks like you had a FUN day. Great to see your pictures.

Love you, Nana

Elise said...

Happy Birthday, Emily!!! What a fun mom you are!! Love that she wanted to dress like you-so cute!!
Elise

~katie~ said...

Happy belated Birthday from all of us to you, dear Emily!! =)

Blessings to you and your family~
Katie

angie said...

Since Emily chose her birthday breakfast, I imagine that she also chose the agenda for the rest of the day. If so, it is neat to hear that she wanted to go thrifting, eat chili, and watch Flywheel.
I bought a couple AG craft kits for my daughter's stocking. They look to be made of quality materials. The pencil toppers turned out well!