Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Sewing/Embroidery Machine

A couple of you asked what kind of embroidery machine I have when I showed these. So, here is the story:

I've only ever had hand-me-down machines, and I'm not complaining! They have always served the purpose! A few years ago, my mother-in-law got a new sewing machine and gave me her Singer. You can see it here - and ironically this is the same project that this machine died on.

She offered to take it in to see if it could be repaired and they said it was not worth the investment. So, when she called me later to tell me all of this - she surprised me with the news that she had bought a new sewing machine.

My first thought was that she would give me hers and she would keep this one - but this is even better! Then, I found out it had an embroidery machine which I wasn't sure how much I'd use - but it is fun!

So, to answer the questions: it is a Brother Innov-is 900D Sewing and Embroidery Machine. I have never used any other kind of embroidery machine - so can't tell you how it compares with that, but it is perfect for me and was such a generous gift!

I'm still learning all about this and haven't been to either of the classes yet that came with the machine. I think my very favorite thing about this machine is that you can sew without the foot pedal! With small children around - this means I can set my machine up on the counter and plug it in and have nothing hanging down from the counter - I love this feature!!!

And, just because I like things to be pretty too - I love this purple design on the front - pretty and useful! A perfect combination!

10 comments:

Paige said...

oooh, embroidery is really popular around here. I may need to ask for one of these for my birthday!
I could recoup the money within a few months!

Michele said...

I have a Brother embroidery machine.....love it!!

LynnMarie said...

Nice - Very nice! I have the same sewing machine that I got when my daughter was born - A Sears back in 1996! It only sews and doesn't do embroidery, but it works and so I am happy.

. said...

What a blessing!!!!! I really want an embroidery machine and am praying for a good deal :).
P.S. Found your blog by googling embroidery machines :).

~katie~ said...

I've never owned, much less seen an embroidery machine ~ thanks for the introduction! :-) If I can think of one person on this earth that should own one...I think I would want it to be you! Such homespun fun and thoughtful gifts that come forth!

Cortney said...

Lovely! I have seen that sewing machine around and have wondered how well it works! Thanks for sharing

Mom said...

What a generous and useful gift! I'm sure it pleases Elaine to see all the things you are creating with it. :) Love you, Mom

*carrie* said...

More power to ya! =)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Monica,
Oh that's great..I guess I"m still confused if this new machine is new or new to you ? :) :) :) Either way, that's awesome..y es, and being stylish is also important. I agree with you :) :) :) I have a basic Singer sewing machine, but I'd love to get a Bernina someday :) :) What a nice gift :) :) Have a great week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Monica; What a lovely gift! I didn't know about this...how wonderful of Elaine to get that for you.
I'm sure you are enjoying it.

Love you, Grandma