Friday, November 13, 2009

Mini Memo Book

While making the Gratitude Wraps - I was on the lookout for a cute notebook to slide into one of the pockets. Instead, I bought this very inexpensive memo book and made it cute myself. Here is how to pretty up a little book for your Gratitude Wraps!


Start with one mini memo book. I found mine at Wal-Mart, but you can usually get them on sale at Walgreens or somewhere comparable for 3/$1!

Use packing tape to adhere ribbon to the notebook. One piece on front and one on back. When you are finished, you'll be able to tie these to close your little book.

Lay your book out on a piece of scrapbook paper and cut to fit.

I cut mine in two pieces - but I think using one piece would work just as well. Attach paper to book covers using a glue stick.

Cut a piece of book binding tape. I'm sure you could use other kinds of tape for this - I just have a bunch of this left from the envelope books I made.

I didn't want my tape to be so white - so grabbed a marker and colored it real quick!

Press the tape onto the spine of your book.

Tie a bow!

Embellish as desired.

Slide into your wrap and give a great gift!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make it look so easy! :) A lovely idea!x

Wendi said...

It turned out really cute.

Mom said...

Another cute craft! :)
Love you, Mom

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) said...

Lovely , I have seen a few of these , and I just love yours !!

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

That is such a cute idea.
Nancy

Simple Home said...

Thank you for sharing all your creativity with us. Taking pictures every step of the way really helps. You make me want to get started on some of your projects. More, please, more :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Debra said...

Really cute!

La Familia Garcia said...

Oh that is sooo cool! Is that recycled old Christmas cards on the front???

Monica Wilkinson said...

That one isn't a recycled Christmas card - but that is a super idea to use those for! :)

Unknown said...

Monica~I am loving your homemade gift ideas. My husband is unemployed, I am a homemaker and we have 4 kids. We weren't going to be able to do anything this year, but you have given me numerous ideas of what I can make w/ what I have already. Thanks so much. May Christ bless your home this holiday season!

Rima Family said...

Love this idea! I'm trying to make several of our Christmas gifts this year and was just embroidering a monogram on some white handkerchiefs for my Dad. (He takes a white handkerchief in his suit pocket to church... so hopefully he'll like this gift...) Anyway, thank you for the lovely ideas!

Gottjoy! said...

My oldest daughter does this to comp books as gifts for her friends. I never thought about coloring the binding tape, though. What a great idea!

Tim and Susan said...

What a cute idea. I love it. I will definetly try this one. Where did you buy your "book binding tape"? Craft shop, like Michael's? I'll have to look around. Thanks for such a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Hello,Monica,

I am from Norway, and I really admire you and your blog.
I have been reading your blog for a long time, and I think that you have such great ideas!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

These are so easy to make. I love making these too!

Caroline said...

What a great idea! This seems like a project I could complete successfully (I have very little crafting experience).
Thanks!

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

What a great idea!! It reminds me alot of a friend of mine who has an etsy shop called Seasoned with Salt (she is in my favorites). She makes her journal covers with fabric... looks alot like this. In fact, if I wouldn't have read what you did with paper and just saw the finished look. I would've thought it was with fabric.
You are so creative, Monica.

Wife of Rob said...

Monica...this is the cutest thing that I have ever seen....I am going to attempt this for sure. And how cool is that with the scrapbook paper...you can personalize them to anyone's taste!

Thank you for always being so great to share such incredible ideas. The Lord has truly gifted you with so many talents!

{{Hugs}}
Jen

Susannah (Farmgirls) said...

That is SO cute!! I'll have to do that to mine!

~Susannah

www.homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters