Friday, April 11, 2008

Woman of Worth

I have some really exciting news! I will be creating craft projects and writing an article to go with to be featured in Woman of Worth magazine which is published four times a year! The article will include photos and instructions for completing each project. I have enjoyed perusing their web site and being encouraged in my journey toward being a Proverbs 31 woman!

As I was praying about this opportunity, God brought this idea to my mind: to walk through Proverbs 31 and create a project that reflects the idea or thoughts presented in each verse or series of verses.

I don't know about you, but I love Proverbs 31! And, I am excited to be on this journey of crafting a project to reflect the values presented here - I want to bring these values more into my home and life so what better way than by expressing my creativity to do so!

I'm not exactly sure when the first article will be featured, but will keep you posted ~ here is a photo of the first project (click to enlarge) and I'll update with directions and download after it has been printed.

I want to say one thing right up front ~ God is the one who has given me these gifts and is the one who inspires these projects. I want Him to receive the glory for this and use these projects for furthering His Kingdom and writing His word on our hearts! I am excited and humbled to be available to Him in this way.

Hope you'll see a project you want to make and that it will encourage you to become more like Him!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your *worth* project! It is precious! I believe you are glorifing Him, Monica as you reflect His gifts to you thru the Holy Spirit. When i visit here i am often encouraged to make better effort in my home, heart, and with my family. Thank you so much for bein a willin vessel!!!! Congratulations too!!!!!!!tammyp

Wendi said...

How exciting Monica! Wonderful craft! I really like the worn look of the frame. God has indeed given you a wonderful talent and I am happy that you will be able to use it to inspire us and to spread His word!

I have never heard of the Woman of Worth magazine and look forward to checking it out.

*carrie* said...

Yay, Monica. I am so happy you have this opportunity to bless even more women with your gifts of creativity and encouragement! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Congratulations Monica... this is just one more example to me that you are growing as a Proverbs 31 woman:)

Katy said...

That is sooo fantastic!!! Best of luck with it Monica!!! :) May God use you and your talents to touch many lives!! xoxo

~katie~ said...

Proverbs 31 is one of my most cherished passages of scripture. I know that your talent and creativity have touched my heart through your blog ~ I am so happy that you get to spread it even further! Many blessings to your willingness to minister to us all in this way!

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity! Like Carrie said, I can't wait to see what you come up with! Love you, Mom

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Monica! I am so proud of you and I adore all of your mad crafting skills. You have been such a source of inspiration to me- although my crafting is pretty poor :)

Carrie said...

Awesome! Congrats! I love that picture of the "worth" project. Can't wait to get started.
God bless :)

Molly said...

Oh, I can't wait to read this and see your projects! I have never seen this magazine before...I think I need to order it! Thanks for pointing us in that direction. It is very common for churches to have "ladies' meetings" here in Peru and they always do a craft. I can see this as a neat theme for a year...do a Proverbs 31 Bible study with them and have crafts to go with it! Fun, fun! Thanks!

Julie said...

How exciting.... Congratulations!

wyndesnow said...

It's wonderful. I'll be excited to see when it is published to get the directions to make one for my work space.

Many Blessings!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Monica!

Neither have I ever heard of the magazine "A Woman of Worth". Be sure to let us know when your article will be published!
Have a great weekend.

Love you, Grandma

Anonymous said...

How fun and exciting!! I cannot wait for the instructions. That will make such a great gift also.
You're such a crafty chickadee!
Elise