Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Special Touches: Guests

Here are just a few of the things I like to do for guests when they come and stay with me:

Fix a yummy and pretty breakfast!
There is something so wonderful about waking up in a different place and smelling a yummy breakfast waiting for you!

Fix a favorite snack or treat!
I always make this Crispix mix when Grace comes -
we both love it!

Here's the recipe for anyone who is interested:
Melt 1 c. chocolate chips on high in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and heat an additional 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in 1/4 c. peanut butter. Gently stir in 6 c. Crispix cereal (I use store brand). Place 1 c. powdered sugar in a large ziploc bag. Add cereal mixture and shake to coat. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Yummy!

Print out this neat poem (I can't remember where I read it originally) and place on their pillow or on the nightstand. A flower is a nice touch as well.
We're glad to have you as our guest
And hope you have a good night's rest!

Tomorrow you again may roam,
But while you're here just feel at home!

13 comments:

MamaBirdEmma said...

Hi Monica!

Did you use a maple leaf cookie cutter to make your pancakes? I just bought some metal leaf cookie cutters and hope this is the case:) What a great way to start the day!

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica -- I have been the fortunate recipient of your sweet hospitality many times -- you have a gift! :)
Love you, Mom

Katy said...

my grammie had that poem in a cross stitch form, hanging on the wall of her guest room. Reading it again, on your post, brought back many memories of staying at her house! Thank you for that!

*carrie* said...

Nice touches, Monica! That little poem is from a framed print at Frank and Viv's house!

Monica Wilkinson said...

I have a maple leaf pancake mold that I used to make the pancakes - though I am guessing a cookie cutter would work as well.

Carrie - I'm sure that is not the place I saw it, but I'm glad to know they have it there too! I think I saw it at Rebecca's parents.

Wendi said...

What a great way to make a guest feel welcome. The poem is nice.

jayedee said...

what a sweet hostess you must be!
bless you!

Anonymous said...

I bet people just love coming to stay with you! How sweet!

God bless :)

~katie~ said...

How lovely!

Thanks for the great idea!

Liisa said...

I love that poem! I am going to print it out for our guest room. I have just started placing a basket of snacks and treats in the room when we are having guests and this would be a great addition to the front of it or perhaps just resting on the top of the stack of towels I set on the bed. Thank you for sharing such a cute poem and all the other wonderful ideas to make guests feel welcome.
Blessings,
Liisa

Anonymous said...

We just got news that we are expecting special guest/friends in two weeks. Thanks for sharing your genuine hospitality - God knows I needed a hand. :)

Anonymous said...

I, too, enjoy those special little touches when we have guests...because I know how 'pampered' I feel when others take the time to do these things for me! You have a true gift of hospitality...I am inspired to do more in this area!
Blessings,
Amy O. from GA
picketfencemom

Elaine said...

I love the poem. I am having company this week end and plan to have that in their room.