Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Psalm 19

My Bible Study book encouraged us to pray Psalm 19 for whomever God laid on our heart. And, I thought of all of you! So, to everyone who reads this, I'm praying it for you:

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens He has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from His pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat.

The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb. By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.

Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."


Dear Lord, I pray right now for each one who reads these words. Lord, I pray that just like Your Creation proclaims Your Name and brings You glory that we would do likewise. So that Your Name will be furthered throughout all ends of the earth and to all nations.

Thank You, Lord, that Your law is perfect ~ it will perfectly meet any needs we have today and I pray that it would also revive our souls. Let us trust Your law and allow it to impart wisdom to our feeble minds. We need Your wisdom so much, Lord. Bring joy to our hearts through your Word today and let it bring a radiance to our hearts and light to our eyes that can only come from You! Make us pure through fearing You, Lord. Enable us to treasure Your Word more than gold or riches and to taste the sweetness of it. Thank You that Your Word brings warning and let us heed the warnings we receive from it. Thank You also for the promise of great reward in keeping Your commands.

Lord, we all struggle in knowing areas we need to submit to You for change and correction. Reveal them to us, please. Lord, if there are hidden things we are not aware of that need forgiveness - please do forgive us for these things. Keep us from choosing to sin and that the desire to willfully sin would not rule over us. Make us blameless in Your sight, Lord and protect us from sinning against You.

Lord, may the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts be pleasing in Your sight, for You are our Lord, our Rock and our Redeemer.

Thank You, Lord.
Amen

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only commented once before I guess I'm a lurker ~smile~ but I just had to say what a beautiful prayer. Thank you.

Liisa

Gena said...

Thank you for your prayers. They were just what I needed this morning.

Have a beautiful day.

*carrie* said...

Monica,

Thank you for sharing this prayer and Scripture!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the prayer. I am struggleing with something right now and your prayer helped me remember that God is in controll no matter what. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

thank you

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear Monica, for the beautiful prayer. I just felt compelled to share with you that that was "Pa's" favorite scripture and I read it to him in the hopsital on one of my last visits with him, before he went home to be with the Lord.

God Bless you, Sweetie.

I love you, Grandma

Anonymous said...

AMEN! And thank you for this beautiful prayer and Scripture -- Love you, Mom

Jthemilker said...

Very well put.
AMEN.