Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Stockings, Part Two

Thank you for all of your wonderful suggestions and ideas on stocking stuffers. I have continued to have this urging to make the stocking something more meaningful. So, after perusing my local dollar store and dollar bins elsewhere - here is what I came up with. I will print out these verses and add them to each item to be read as the item is opened. I'll only list the things for Emily's stocking here: (some of these are more of a stretch than others, but use your imagination!)

Toothbrush: Psalm 51:7, “Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.”

Candy Cane Headband: Isaiah 53:5, “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”

Pony: Psalm 20:7, “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.”

Animal Crackers: Psalm 119:103, “How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”

Paper: Proverbs 7:2-3, “Keep my commandments and live, And my teaching as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart.”

Apple: Proverbs 25:11, “A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”

Donation: Matthew 25:40, “The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'”

Necklace: 1 Peter 3:3-4, “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.”

Ice Cream Cards: Isaiah 55:1, "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.”

If you're interested in finding verses to go with your stocking stuffers - try a site like this to search by word or phrase in multiple translations.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a precious idea!

Anonymous said...

I think what you've come up with is AMAZING!