Monday, November 20, 2006

Salad Dressing Top

This pretty leaf has absolutely nothing to do with today's post - but I liked it and did not have a photo of the top of our salad dressing!

I usually buy store brand salad dressing because, yes you guessed it, it is cheaper! But, at dinner recently, I was lamenting to David that the store brand dressing bottles do not come with the squeeze bottle top - so you end up wasting more dressing since it gushes out. He was just finishing up a bottle of the good kind - a brand name that did have the wonderful top. And, he very quickly said, "Well, will the top come off of the good bottle that we are getting ready to throw away?"

I cleared the table and stuck the tip of the knife in the center of that hole and it just popped right out. I was SO excited! Then, I washed it really good and oh my goodness, it fit perfectly into the store brand bottle! I had never even thought to see if the top would pop out and fit in the other bottle, but I will now be saving it from being recycled and using it again and again to waste less of the less expensive dressing! Now, why didn't I think of that?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of that David.

Blessings

Mary Ann said...

I recently discovered this, too! Italian dressing is the worst; in it's very liquid form it just gushes on out! I had even started putting a warning sign on the bottle, so guests wouldn't be embarrassed when too much came pouring out(it happened once, I felt so bad for my guest!).

Katy said...

oh my goodness gracious! That is a great idea! It seems so obvious..but i never thought of it before!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this!!!