Thursday, April 20, 2006

Painting Timesaver

I cannot remember where I once read this idea, but I decided to try it and it seems to work great! When you are painting and using a paint roller, and know you'll be using it multiple times in a week or so - you can put the paint roller in the freezer between uses and it won't have to be cleaned out each time. Just wrap in plastic wrap - put the whole thing in a gallon size ziploc and pop in the freezer. Then, set out about one hour before you want to paint to let it "thaw" - it has saved me a lot of time in painting and clean-up this week!

P.S. Check out this blog for lots of other great time-saving tips from other Moms and look forward to Works-For-Me-Wednesday ideas! Thanks to Megan and Michelle for participating and passing on the info!

3 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

*That* is a great idea! I have 2 big painting projects for this summer and I HATE cleaning the roller in between painting times. Thanks!!

Monica Wilkinson said...

It is so great - I also hate cleaning out the roller, so this is a great solution for people like us! :)

Monica Wilkinson said...

Oh, that is good to know because the other day I forgot to set it out of the freezer in time!