Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Easter Basket


I will be adding posts about Easter as I figure out what we are going to do for Emily this year. However, I figured a good place to start was with finding this smallish Easter basket that I mentioned previously.

While in the Easter basket aisle of Wal-Mart, I was getting pretty disgusted with the cartoon characters, sports ball shapes, and just ridiculously huge baskets that they had. Then, I had an inspiration! I saw this pretty basket with the butterflies and it came in two sizes - small and large. So, I looked through the smaller ones and chose this one.

Now, here is the exciting part to me: I can use this basket without regret because it will be so easy to tie in the theme of "new life" with the butterflies! So, perhaps this begins a trend for our Easter celebrating ~ choosing items that can have symbolic meaning and can be used as a teaching tool of the true meaning of Easter.

Keep the ideas coming if you have any!

No comments: