Monday, March 06, 2006

Bread Recipes?

I make French Bread regularly using the Betty Crocker recipe - it is so easy using the Kitchen Aid dough hook and I love the simplicity of the recipe and it always turns out great!

So, I'm wondering if any of you have a recipe that is really great for basic bread that we could use for toast, sandwiches, french toast, etc...

I don't have a wheat grinder and am not able to invest in one at this point, though I'm sure that would make amazing bread! If you use a mixer or food processor in making the recipe, please let me know that too!

Thanks for sharing your recipes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you post your Betty Crocker French bread recipe sometime?

Monica Wilkinson said...

I used to have a break maker and got rid of it because all I used it for was to mix the dough - I could never get the loaf to turn out nicely by baking it inside, thanks for the offer though!

Yes, I'd be happy to post the French Bread recipe - it is so delicious!

Mary Ann said...

I have a very good Honey Wheat bread recipe that is half white and half wheat. I will try to post it on my cooking blog in the next day or two. I also have a yummy white bread recipe. Both are great for sandwiches.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Mmmm, yes, please do post these recipes! I'd love to try them!

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica,

Just found your blog...I am enjoying reading your posts! I have a great oatmeal bread recipe (contains oatmeal, wheat flour, and all-purpose flour) that I would be glad to share with you. I am going to try your French bread recipe - it is a little different from mine and sounds good. Just let me know if I should post the oatmeal bread recipe.

Michelle