Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Inspired


Yes, that is what I was by the December issue of Country Home magazine! There was an article featuring Sue Whitney's house (one of the Junk Market gals). She used tons of live greens to decorate for the holidays and it was so pretty, simple, and homey.

So, I was inspired. Now, where to find the greens? Would they be too expensive? Each year I have made a wreath or swag for the door using trimmings from the bottom of the Christmas tree. So, why not check and see if they will give me some more this year?

Sure enough!! Lowe's was thrilled to get rid of the scraps from the trims and I was thrilled to decorate with live greens! I tied some twine or homespun fabric bows and hung them up in the bathroom, our bedroom, kitchen window, put in pots in the entry way and hearth and decked out the front porch too!

The best part of all is that this was TOTALLY FREE!

What is your favorite way to decorate?

No comments: