Friday, October 28, 2005

Enjoy Life!

Probably obvious from the time between posts, this week has been very busy! But, in the midst of that - I've been reading the book of Ecclesiastes. I've read it before, but this time had some new ideas stand out.

The theme that came to me over and over again as I read it, is to enjoy the life that God has given us. Fear Him, follow His commands, but enjoy the gift of this life. I thought of when I give gifts and how much I want the receiver to enjoy the gift. Same with God.

The Christian life should not be all drudgery and boredom. It should be exciting and exhilirating because we have purpose, hope, and joy in Christ.

My parents are arriving today, and we're heading to Washington DC to cheer on my Dad who will be running the Marine Corps Marathon on Sunday!

No comments: